No Fee Unless We Win! Our Law Firm has 15 years of Experience taking on Trucking Accident Claims. Schedule a Free Consultation.
We Help Victims of Trucking Accidents in Tucson, Mesa, Glendale & Across Arizona.
GET STARTED TODAY
We offer free same day consultations and will drive to you at no extra cost.
There are over 530,000 commercial vehicles registered in Arizona, and countless more travel through the state, transporting any manner of goods. Large trucks, including tractor-trailers, tanker trucks, and more, account for a majority of these commercial vehicles. These immense trucks are a formidable presence on our roadways, and if they are negligently operated or maintained, the results can be catastrophic.
If you or someone you know was injured in an accident with a large truck, Maria Jones Law Firm can help. Our Phoenix truck accident attorneys take on cases across Arizona involving:
- Concrete mixer trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Delivery trucks
- All other truck combinations
For a free review of your trucking accident claim, call (602) 603-4032. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
Determining Fault after a Truck Accident
The determination of fault is an essential part of any truck accident claim. We will need to find out what caused the collision so we can determine who should be held responsible, and we accomplish this by working with accident reconstruction specialists and other experts who can help us investigate and recreate the scene. When we identify the cause, we can pursue a case against the at-fault party.
The following are examples of potential causes of truck accidents:
- Distracted truck operator
- Hours-of-service violation
- Truck driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Texting while driving
- Unsafe lane change
- Failure to check blind spots
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Unsafe merging
- Failure to yield
- Overloaded truck
- Improperly balanced or secured cargo
- Negligent truck maintenance
- Inexperienced truck operator
Together, we can uncover the cause of your crash so we can pursue the financial compensation you need to move on with your life.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Truck Accident in Arizona?
Various parties can be held liable for a truck accident in Arizona. But, potential liable parties often deny fault to evade paying victims the compensation they deserve for their injuries and property losses.
At Maria Jones Law Firm, our Phoenix truck accident claim attorneys have in-depth understanding of commercial trucking operations as well as various parties involved in the sector. Our team of personal injury attorneys knows how to accurately identify persons or entities responsible for an accident.
Some parties that may be held liable for a truck accident in Arizona are as follows:
- The person driving the truck
- The person/company that owns the truck
- Manufacturer of the truck (or its parts)
- Shipper or loader of the cargo
At Maria Jones Law Firm, our experienced personal injury attorneys with significant experience in handling Phoenix truck accident cases know how to carry out detailed investigations into the causes of truck accidents to identify the potential liable parties. Our goal is to find out what caused the accident that resulted in injuries & property damages and who was legally responsible for the unfortunate event.
Besides investigating the common causes listed in the above section, our team will also gather information on various other aspects of the accident, including but not limited to the following –
- Who had the custody (and control) of the vehicle when the accident took place
- Truck driver’s hours log
- What kind of control the trucking company had over the truck driver
- Whether any manufacturing defects caused the accident
- Maintenance record of the truck involved in the accident
- Whether the cargo was secure enough when the accident occurred
- Whether the driver had any record of criminal convictions or traffic rule violations in the past
Various parties involved in trucking operations are responsible to varying degrees to ensure the vehicle is safe. Our Phoenix truck accident attorneys meticulously work to ascertain who among these parties breached their duty.
For instance a negligence claim concerning a truck accident in Arizona may be based on –
- Truck driver’s lack of experience in driving a heavy vehicle
- Truck driver’s failure to follow the traffic laws
A product liability lawsuit concerning a truck accident in Arizona may be based on –
- A part of the vehicle was defective; it was ‘unreasonably dangerous’ and resulted in an accident
- The part was being used in the vehicle as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- The condition of the part used in the truck didn’t change since the initial purchase of the vehicle from the manufacturer
Contact the Best Truck Accident Claim Attorneys Serving Arizona
Truck accident claims aren’t exactly easy to prove, especially if you have little or no knowledge of personal injury laws applicable in Arizona as well as various other federal laws. Trucking companies often try their level best to distance themselves from truck accidents to evade responsibility. For example, they may just claim that the driver involved in an accident was not an ‘employee,’ but an ‘independent contractor.’ The company may also claim that it does not own the vehicle involved in the accident. They may go to the extent of suggesting that the victim was responsible for the accident. This is why it is important to have an experienced Phoenix truck accident attorney on your side.
Our personal injury attorneys serving Phoenix, Tucson and beyond will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your truck accident claim in Arizona. If our team determines that you have a valid case, our attorneys will pursue all available legal options to help you recover the maximum possible compensation for the damages caused by the at-fault party in a truck accident.
We offer our legal services to truck accident victims in Arizona on a contingency basis; so, there are no upfront costs involved. You pay for our services only if we succeed in getting you compensated for your truck accident claim in Arizona.
Pick your phone and contact our Phoenix truck accident lawyers today at (602) 603-4032.