No Fee Unless We Win! We fight for maximum monetary damages for every cyclist we represent. Schedule a Free Consultation.
Our Law Firm has 15 years of experience taking on bicycle accident claims.
GET STARTED TODAY
We offer free same day consultations and will drive to you at no extra cost.
When a bicyclist is struck by a car or other vehicle, the results can be catastrophic. This is true even in relatively low-speed collisions, as the cyclist has limited protection against such a force of impact. The rider may sustain broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and severe lacerations – even when wearing a helmet and other protective gear. It is essential to recover a fair settlement that will cover all of an injured cyclist’s medical expenses, lost earnings, and other losses or injuries.
Maria Jones Law Firm is committed to seeking justice for injured cyclists across Arizona. We have been helping the injured and are highly experienced not only in personal injury law but in immigration law and criminal defense as well. This breadth of experience helps us provide more effective legal representation that applies to every aspect of a client’s case. We fight for maximum monetary damages for every cyclist we represent.
To learn more, contact a Phoenix bicycle accident lawyer at our offices at (602) 603-4032. Your consultation is free!
Attorney Of Counsel
Attorney Of Counsel - Immigration Department
Attorney Of Counsel
Peter C. Rosales
Attorney Of Counsel
Arizona Bicycle Accident Statistics – What You Should Know
Did you know that more than 47 million people in the United States ride bikes? Rising fuel costs, traffic jams, and concern for the environment & personal wellbeing continues to encourage more people to use bicycles for daily commute and recreation.
In Arizona, thousands of people use bicycles everyday; warm weather and clear skies make Arizona an ideal place for cycling.
All over the United States, more than two cyclists are killed every day. In 2017, 32 cyclists were killed and 1371 injured in Arizona. These statistics make Arizona the 5th most dangerous state in the United States for cyclists.
Most personal injury claims related to bicycle accidents in Arizona are based on negligence. To prove a negligence claim, your Phoenix bicycle accident claim attorney will ideally work to establish the following:
- You were following all bicycle laws applicable in Arizona.
- The driver (potential liable party) owed you a duty; drivers on the road are expected to drive with a reasonable degree of care for others, including bicyclists.
- The liable party breached their duty. For instance, our bicycle accident attorney serving Arizona may establish that the liable party was texting while driving.
- You suffered damages (including injuries) because the liable party breached their duty. Attorneys gather evidence, witness testimonies, and other necessary information to establish that a liable party’s actions led to the accident.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Arizona?
- Do not panic and run away from the location of the accident.
- After a bicycle accident in Arizona, you should ideally wait for the police to arrive.
- Make sure that your version of the bike crash appears in the accident report.
- Collect contact information of the (liable) driver, witnesses, etc.
- Preserve all evidence, including damaged bike, torn clothes, etc.
- When you seek medical treatment, be sure to keep track of all medical expenses.
- Consult an experienced Phoenix bicycle accident attorney serving Arizona.
Following a bicycle accident, it is important that you act quickly and hire an attorney right away. Valuable evidence may become unavailable if you wait too long.
At Maria Jones Law Firm, we do not charge you any legal fees upfront for pursuing your bike accident claim. Following a free consultation, if you decide to have our bike accident claim attorneys work on your case, you don’t pay anything unless we win and get you compensated for the damages. So, you have nothing to lose when you decide to work with our team of lawyers!
Arizona – A Pure Comparative State: What Does It Mean for Bike Accident Victims?
While pursuing bicycle accident claims in Arizona, many victims of bike accidents learn that have been awarded significantly lower compensations than they believed they actually deserved. This happens mostly because Arizona happens to be a pure comparative state. It means that the amount of damage you can recover from all liable parties following a bicycle accident in Arizona is reduced in proportion to your degree of fault.
For instance, if the jury finds that you were 25% at fault for the bicycle accident (may be because you were riding a bicycle without a reflector at night, didn’t stop at the Stop sign, or didn’t yield to the traffic before you entered a roadway) and the liable party was 75% at fault (for violating a rule), you will be able to recover only 75% of total damages. This is how the comparative fault rule of Arizona works.
An experienced attorney can help ensure that your interests are protected when negotiations are on with the liable party’s insurance company as well as in the court if it comes to that.
Serving Bike Accident Victims in Tucson, Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Tempe & More
When you work with Maria Jones Law Firm after a bicycle accident, we will work hard to investigate the accident itself so we can accurately assess its cause – and therefore who is liable (legally responsible) for paying for the injuries you experienced.
We have experience taking on bicycle accident claims involving:
- Distracted drivers
- Traffic violations, such as speeding or running a red light
- Drunk drivers
- Dangerous intersections and bike paths
- Parking lot and driveway accidents
- Right-turn accidents
- Motorists opening car doors in cyclists’ paths
- Failures to yield
If you’re interested in finding out how you can recover a fair settlement or award from the potential liable parties, do not wait to contact a Phoenix bicycle accident attorney at Maria Jones Law Firm.
We need to work quickly to protect your interests.
Call (602) 603-4032 today for a free review of your case! This initial consultation will help you better understand your options.
I highly recommend Maria Jones Law Firm!