Phoenix Citizenship Attorneys

Our Law Firm can help you assemble and file an Application for Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-600) with the USCIS, based on biological, adoptive, or naturalized U.S. citizen parentage.

These proceedings can be complex and your application must be filed properly if you are to be approved. Our team of Phoenix citizenship attorneys at Maria Jones Law Firm can ensure everything is filled out and filed appropriately and can assist you if any issues should arise. Schedule a Free Consultation.


We offer free same day consultations and will drive to you at no extra cost.

Claiming U.S. Citizenship Based on Parentage

Some individuals may be unaware that they have a claim to U.S. citizenship based on parentage. For example, a person born outside of the United States to U.S. citizen parent(s) may have already derived citizenship through his parent(s), and may be eligible to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship to show documented proof of his U.S. citizenship status

You may claim your citizenship through:

  • U.S. citizen parent/s
  • U.S. citizen adoptive parent/s
  • One or more foreign-born parents, who have become naturalized U.S. citizens

For personalized support and experienced legal counsel, call (602) 603-4032. Your consultation is free, and we are available 24/7 to assist you.

When You Become A U.S. Citizen, Do Your Children Automatically Become Citizens?

Keep in mind that every individual does not have a claim to U.S. citizenship based on parentage.

The child may be a U.S. citizen if all of the following conditions are or were true:

  • Your child is a minor (i.e. under the age of 18 years)
  • Your child has a green card or is a legal permanent resident of the United States
  • Either you or your spouse (at least one of the parents) is a citizen by naturalization or birth. In case the father is a U.S. citizen but isn’t married to the other parent, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney in Phoenix for legal counsel.
  • A U.S. citizen is either the biological parent of the child or has legally adopted the child. Do keep in mind that a step-parent relationship may not suffice for derived citizenship. In case of an adopted child, it is a good idea to consult a trusted immigration lawyer before you begin the process of obtaining the Certificate of Citizenship as it involves some special rules.
  • A U.S. citizen (parent) happens to have sole or shared legal custody of the child.

Applying for U.S. Citizenship for a Minor Child

Are you a United States citizen and a parent of a minor child? Are you looking for a leading Phoenix citizenship attorney to help you obtain a certificate of citizenship? A U.S. citizen parent can apply for citizenship on behalf of his or her minor child, including:

  • A biological child
  • An adopted child

In case your child is above the age of 18 years, they may need to sign the Form-600 application themselves.

Difficulties in Claiming Citizenship

The Application for Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-600, can be terribly difficult to navigate without experienced legal assistance. Failure to meet specific qualifications, or to provide evidence of citizenship, may cause the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) to reject your application.

Our Phoenix citizenship lawyers can determine your eligibility and help you through the complex application process. Based in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona, we serve clients locally, across the country, and around the world.

People trust our Phoenix citizenship attorneys because we provide world-class legal counsel and assistance to each one of our clients. Any documentation concerning citizenship matters is generally very complex and requires a detailed & thorough analysis of a client’s unique circumstances. This is exactly what our multicultural team of immigration law specialists at MJLF does every day.

There are occasions when parents do not have some of the documents needed for the N-600. Consider the following scenarios:

  • You may not have a copy of your minor child’s permanent resident card. To solve this problem, you can talk to any agency (e.g. a lawyer, school, employer, or welfare service center) that may have made a copy of this document.
  • You may have a difficult time collecting the birth certificate of your child. In such cases, you may obtain an Affidavit of Birth from people who were present at the time of the birth of your child.
  • You have misplaced the certificate of naturalization and can’t find it now. In this case, you may be able to get the required proof through an FOIA request.

As discussed above, the process of Application for Certificate of Citizenship can be confusing, time-consuming and often very difficult to navigate in the absence of expert legal assistance. Even a seemingly minor issue can delay your application by several weeks if you don’t know what to do next. Experienced citizenship attorneys at Maria Jones Law Firm have dealt with numerous such scenarios in the past. Our team knows where people get stuck and the reasons why approvals get delayed.

Contact the Best Phoenix Citizenship Attorneys | Maria Jones Law Firm

Our team of lawyers and paralegals performs a detailed review of your background. We often begin by identifying specific legal requirements and evidence required in your case.

Our team does not follow a one-size-fits-all template for the application of Certificate of Citizenship or for any other immigration matter.

We always rely on a clear, personalized strategy for each case that we take up in order to reveal all potential challenges and possible solutions.  

We help our clients collect all required information and documents. Our team also assists with the preparation of various forms and supporting documentation to present a solid case to concerned authorities.

Throughout the process, our Phoenix immigration lawyers maintain reliable & constant communication with our clients. You will always have access to our legal team and immigration attorneys in Phoenix.

Call Maria Jones Law Firm at (602) 603-4032 today to schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney specializing in immigration law, including the process of obtaining the Certificate of Citizenship by submitting Form N-600.

I have had the most amazing experiences with Maria and her team.

I have had the most amazing experiences with Maria and her team. From the front desk people to her back end management team this place really does a phenomenal job. Thank you so much for your attention to detail and commitment to your clients! - Joe

Experience The Difference

Professional & Compassionate Service

law firm arizona

We’ll Travel to You at No Extra Cost!

law firm travel

All Consultations Are Free & Confidential

law firm arizona

Legal Assistance & Case Tracking

law firm arizona

Bilingual Attorneys & Staff Available

law firm arizona

Full-Service Law Firm to Fit Your Needs

law firm arizona