Adjustment of Status in Phoenix

Our experienced Phoenix Green Card attorneys can help you to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) through the Adjustment of Status process. Schedule a Free Consultation.

We are based in Phoenix, Arizona. We serve clients across the U.S. and worldwide.


We offer free same day consultations and will drive to you at no extra cost.

At Maria Jones Law Firm, we have been fighting for immigrants for 15 years and have the technology and knowledge to provide effective legal counsel in these complex matters. You can schedule a Free Consultation with one of our green card attorneys in Phoenix any day

What Is Adjustment of Status?

Foreign nationals, who have been legally admitted to the United States and continue to maintain their legal status, may change their immigration status from one category status to another, without having to return back to their country of origin to complete visa processing. This is called “Adjustment of Status (AOS)”

For example, if you legally entered the country on a non-immigrant B1/B2 tourist visa, and later meet and marry a citizen of USA, you are allowed to stay in the U.S. while applying for an Adjustment of Status to attain Permanent Resident (Green Card) status by meeting certain requirements.

Acquiring a Green Card is an important milestone of the immigration process for you to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) of the United States. When you obtain the green card with the help of our Phoenix green card attorneys, it serves as a license that establishes you have undergone the immigration and are well on track to get full citizenship. The green card also entitles you to the right to stay in the United States indefinitely. You can also seek gainful employment after that.

There are numerous legal approaches to obtain a green card in the United States. Since immigration laws keep evolving, it is extremely important to fully understand the process before you begin. This way, you can establish that you were following all legal procedures correctly when you started, even if relevant immigration laws 

For a free evaluation and review of your unique situation, call (602) 603-4032 or contact us online.

Qualifications for Adjustment of Status

In the US, one cannot merely decide to opt for adjustment of status. According to Section 245 of the Immigration & Nationality Act, you have to be eligible for adjustment of status in the US.

You may apply for an Adjustment of Status to become a Permanent Resident if:

  • You are eligible to receive an immigrant visa;
  • You are admissible to the United States for permanent residence; and
  • An immigrant visa is immediately available to you at the time of application filing.

Do keep in mind that the eligibility requirements for Adjustment of Status change depending upon the immigration category that you are applying under. So, the first thing that an experienced Phoenix attorney specializing in Adjustment of Status process will do is to ascertain whether you fit into a particular immigrant category.

At MJLF, our green card attorneys have experience in working with immigrants who were looking to obtain green card –

  • Through family (e.g. you are the spouse of a US citizen or parent of a US citizen who is at least 21 years old)
  • As a special immigrant (e.g. you are coming to the US to work with a nonprofit religious organization as a member of a certain religious denomination)
  • Through employment (e.g. you are an outstanding researcher, a skilled worker, a professional, an unskilled worker, etc.)
  • Through refugee status (.e.g you were granted asylum status or admitted as a refugee in the US at least one year ago)
  • For victims of abuse (e.g. you are an abused parent of a US citizen)
  • Through registry (e.g. you have been residing in the US continuously since before January 1, 1972)
  • For crime victims (e.g. you currently have a U nonimmigrant visa)
  • Through other categories

If you entered the United States using one of the following visa categories, you are barred from adjusting your status and must leave the country first to change your status through consular processing:

  • Non-Citizen crewmen who arrived in the U.S. on board an airplane, ship, or vessel
  • A foreign national transitioning through the U.S. from one country to another
  • An alien admitted legally into the U.S. as a non-immigrant visitor, under the Visa Waiver Program

Contact the Best Green Card Attorneys in Phoenix

Our attorneys specialize in helping you navigate complex immigration processes. The best way to make sure your Adjustment of Status application isn’t delayed is to ensure your paperwork is filed correctly the first time.

If you wish to change your temporary, non-immigrant status to that of a Green Card holder, please contact Maria Jones Law Firm at (602) 603-4032. Our Phoenix green card attorneys serve clients across the U.S. and worldwide.

I would like to Recommend Maria jones law firm

I would like to Recommend Maria jones law firm, they are very professional they have helped some of my family members get their work permits and they are currently helping me with the process of my Permanent resident card. - Yesenia Morales

We would recommend Maria Jones to everyone who needs help with immigration status

We were looking for an attorney who was able to answer all our questions so we could petition for the Green Card outside of the U.S. It is called – consulate process. And finally, we were lucky to find Maria Jones Law Firm. Well, we didn’t know of this office until a friend who already was a client of Maria Jones, recommended it. Thank God to Maria Jones and her team’s hard work, we got Green Card!!! They prepared all our documents very well and prepared us for what to expect at the interview in CDJ. This process was not cheap, thankfully, Maria Jones had a payment plan option which helped us to go through the case with no financial burden. We would recommend Maria Jones to everyone who needs help with immigration status because all staff is very nice and they are very good attorneys!!! - Lorenzo V.

Experience The Difference

Professional & Compassionate Service

law firm arizona

We’ll Travel to You at No Extra Cost!

law firm travel

All Consultations Are Free & Confidential

law firm arizona

Legal Assistance & Case Tracking

law firm arizona

Bilingual Attorneys & Staff Available

law firm arizona

Full-Service Law Firm to Fit Your Needs

law firm arizona