Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorneys for Theft-Related Charges. Payment Plans Available. Schedule a Free Consultation.
Maria Jones Law Firm has been representing clients in Arizona for the past 15 years.
GET STARTED TODAY
We offer free same day consultations and will drive to you at no extra cost.
Have you been arrested for a theft-related offense? From shoplifting to robbery charges, all the way to complex investigations involving identity theft and fraud, the Phoenix theft crime attorneys at Maria Jones Law Firm can offer the experienced criminal defense counsel you need. We have a 15-year history of serving clients across Arizona in the face of criminal charges, arrests, and investigations, and we are standing by to see how we can assist you.
Arizona Revised Statutes § 13-1802: Theft
Theft is classified and defined in Arizona Revised Statutes § 13-1802 as unlawfully obtaining, converting, purchasing, or controlling another’s property. Theft can be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the type and value of the property involved, the manner in which it was obtained, and whether the defendant has prior theft crime convictions on his or her record.
Theft is classified and penalized as follows:
- Theft of property/services valued at $25,000 or more is a class 2 felony, punishable by 4 to 10 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $4,000 to less than $25,000 is a class 3 felony, punishable by 2.5 to 7 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $3,000 to less than $4,000 is a class 4 felony, punishable by 1.5 to 3 years in prison.
- Theft of a motor vehicle or transmission of any value is a class 4 felony, punishable by 1.5 to 3 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $2,000 to less than $3,000 is a class 5 felony, punishable by .75 years to 2 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $1,000 to less than $2,000 is a class 6 felony, punishable by .5 to 1.5 years in prison.
- Theft of afirearm or an animal for the purposes of animal fighting, or theft from the person of another, regardless of value, is a class 6 felony, punishable by .5 to 1.5 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at less than $1,000 is a class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 6 months in jail.
Note: the penalties for the felonies listed above range from minimum to maximum. The possibility exists that a defendant could face a mitigated or aggravated sentence, wherein the penalties may have a broader scope.
Serving Clients in Tucson, Tempe, Glendale, Chandler, Mesa & Across Arizona
In addition to standard theft charges, we take on cases involving violent theft crimes such as robbery, mugging, carjacking, and burglary. We have the experience to take on white collar theft crimes as well, which are typically non-violent and committed in financial or business environments. No matter the charge, our Phoenix theft crime defense lawyers can provide invaluable guidance.
Call Maria Jones Law Firm today at (602) 603-4032 to discuss your theft charges with our skilled attorneys.