Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorneys for Theft-Related Charges. Payment Plans Available. Schedule a Free Consultation.
Maria Jones Law Firm has been representing clients in Arizona for the past 15 years.
GET STARTED TODAY
We offer free same day consultations and will drive to you at no extra cost.
Have you been arrested for a theft-related offense? From shoplifting to robbery charges, all the way to complex investigations involving identity theft and fraud, the Phoenix theft crime attorneys at Maria Jones Law Firm can offer the experienced criminal defense counsel you need. We have a 15-year history of serving clients across Arizona in the face of criminal charges, arrests, and investigations, and we are standing by to see how we can assist you.
Arizona Revised Statutes § 13-1802: Theft
Theft is classified and defined in Arizona Revised Statutes § 13-1802 as unlawfully obtaining, converting, purchasing, or controlling another’s property. Theft can be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the type and value of the property involved, the manner in which it was obtained, and whether the defendant has prior theft crime convictions on his or her record.
Theft is classified and penalized as follows:
- Theft of property/services valued at $25,000 or more is a class 2 felony, punishable by 4 to 10 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $4,000 to less than $25,000 is a class 3 felony, punishable by 2.5 to 7 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $3,000 to less than $4,000 is a class 4 felony, punishable by 1.5 to 3 years in prison.
- Theft of a motor vehicle or transmission of any value is a class 4 felony, punishable by 1.5 to 3 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $2,000 to less than $3,000 is a class 5 felony, punishable by .75 years to 2 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at $1,000 to less than $2,000 is a class 6 felony, punishable by .5 to 1.5 years in prison.
- Theft of a firearm or an animal for the purposes of animal fighting, or theft from the person of another, regardless of value, is a class 6 felony, punishable by .5 to 1.5 years in prison.
- Theft of property/services valued at less than $1,000 is a class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 6 months in jail.
Note: the penalties for the felonies listed above range from minimum to maximum. The possibility exists that a defendant could face a mitigated or aggravated sentence, wherein the penalties may have a broader scope.
Serving Clients in Tucson, Tempe, Glendale, Chandler, Mesa & Across Arizona
Thousands of people are arrested in Arizona for theft every year. If you have been charged with a theft crime, you should keep in mind that prosecutors are going to take these charges very seriously. Law enforcement agencies and prosecutors will use all their might to prove the allegations made against you.
Have you been accused of stealing someone else’s property? You should contact Maria Jones Law Firm right away before you make any statement to a law enforcement officer. Our experienced Phoenix theft crime defense lawyers represent clients throughout Arizona.
In addition to standard theft charges, we take on cases involving violent theft crimes such as robbery, mugging, carjacking, and burglary. We have the experience to take on white collar theft crimes as well, which are typically non-violent and committed in financial or business environments. No matter the charge, our Phoenix theft crime defense lawyers can provide invaluable guidance.
Call Maria Jones Law Firm today at (602) 603-4032 to discuss your theft charges with our skilled attorneys.
Best Phoenix Theft Crime Defense Attorney Is One Phone Call Away
Theft is broadly defined as the act of (knowingly) depriving someone of their property. In legal terms, a theft crime may involve
- Illegally controlling someone else’s property with willful intent to deprive them of it
- Using someone else’s property unlawfully for an authorized duration
- Using or controlling property stolen from someone
- Obtaining certain services without making the required payment for them
At Maria Jones Law Firm, our team of Phoenix theft crime defense attorneys is well-versed in criminal law and knows how various defense strategies can be applied to theft crime cases in Arizona. When crafting theft crime defense, our lawyers investigate the case thoroughly and look for answers to questions such as –
- Can the prosecution prove the intent to commit the (theft) crime? Are there any loopholes in their strategy?
- Was the search warrant valid?
- Was the traffic stop legally valid?
- Does the prosecution rely on ‘positive ID’ alone or do they have physical evidence?
- How did the law enforcement actually identify you as a suspect in a theft crime case in Arizona?
Rest assured, our Phoenix theft crime lawyers work to exhaust all possible defenses and use the full might of law to protect your freedom, rights, and financial interests. We strive to get the charges dropped. In certain cases that involve lesser offense, your charges may be dropped altogether when restitution is made. If the charges are of serious nature, our criminal defense attorneys specializing in theft crime cases will
- Seek to get your charges dropped
- Work to have the evidence stacked against you dismissed
- Get ready to defend you at trial
For a free and confidential case evaluation, call (602) 603-4032 today.
A non-obligatory consultation with an experienced Phoenix defense crime defense lawyer will help you understand the various possible consequences you face and the legal options you currently have.
You can reach Maria Jones Law Firm 24/7. So, don’t wait to schedule your consultation.