Caroline A. Schwartz is an associate attorney at the Maria Jones Law Firm.
Ms. Schwartz was born in Tucson, Arizona. Her grandparents emigrated from Russia to the United States. Often, Ms. Schwartz would sit at the table listening to the stories of her grandparents’ friends who happen to be Holocaust survivors. Since an early age, those stories inspired her to become an attorney.
While in high school, Ms. Schwartz witnessed many of her friends’ immigration cases. Several of her friends were able to become permanent residents, either through family petitions or asylum proceedings. The joy of families being united and the relief after the cases were granted furthered Ms. Schwartz to stay on the path of helping immigrants with their immigration status.
Ms. Schwartz attended the School of Diplomacy and International Relations at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. Ms. Schwartz elected to study Diplomacy, Spanish, and French due to her passion for travel and goal to become an attorney. In university, Ms. Schwartz lived in Alicante, Spain and Paris, France. Each time she returned to the United States, she was more committed to the immigrant community so she could ensure that everyone had the same opportunities as her.
Before starting law school at the University of Miami School of Law in Miami, Florida, Ms. Schwartz had to opportunity to live in Saigon, Vietnam and travel to Thailand. During her three years at the University of Miami School of Law, Ms. Schwartz was a Summer Public Interest Fellow and a Hope Fellow at American’s for Immigrant Justice assisting victims of human trafficking obtain status in the United States where she provided assistance to defendants facing the death penalty at the Shelby County Office of the Public Defender in Memphis, Tennessee.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Schwartz worked for a business immigration firm in Miami, Florida. However, she always wanted to return to Arizona and help the communities in the state where she grew up.
- Maria was named Attorney of the Month and was featured on the cover of Attorney At Law Magazine. Read the article here.
- Maria Jones Law Firm was also named as Law Firm of the Month by Attorney At Law Magazine.
- Graduated Cum Ladue and Sigma Iota Rho from Seton Hall University
- Summer Public Interest Fellow and HOPE Fellow at University of Miami School of Law
- Completed HOPE Pro Bono Challenge at University of Miami School of Law
- Ms. Schwartz helped win $1,000 to be returned to client from the Federal Government during Federal Appellate Clinic.
- Ms. Schwartz successfully expedited a wavier before the Department of State.